Who We Are
Neighborhood Health Plan is not your typical health insurance company. Since 1986, we have been a trusted source of affordable, comprehensive and equitable health care coverage for the many diverse communities we serve. Focused on building strong relationships with our 240,000 members and partners, Neighborhood Health Plan has a network that encompasses nearly 18,000 doctors and 68 teaching, community and specialty hospitals, including many of the major academic medical centers in the Boston area. NHP employs over 500 people and our offices are located in the heart of Boston’s Innovation District neighborhood—an ideal location for our innovative, spirited organization.
Neighborhood Health Plan is deeply committed to initiatives that help reduce and eliminate health care disparities in our communities. Because our member base is so diverse, we strive to have that diversity reflected in our employees, ultimately ensuring the best care and service is delivered.
At Neighborhood Health Plan, the health and wellness of our members is our promise and our number one priority.
Our employees are dynamic, experienced, and diverse. Each employee brings a rich background and perspective to NHP and is committed to what they do. Employees also have the full support of an experienced and dedicated leadership team who continually empower staff to deliver the best, most compassionate care to our members.
Our core values are infused into our organization at every level. From member services to trainers to financial analysts to nurses to provider relations, we are passionate about embracing and exemplifying the principles that make NHP unique.
Our Core Values are:
- Quality Care – We are passionate about promoting the health and wellness of our members and ensuring high quality care is delivered through our network of providers and our own care services.
- Diversity – We embrace employee diversity, promote health equity for our members and for the community, and embrace inclusiveness in all we do.
- Accountability – We are dedicated stewards of our assets and resources on behalf of our members, partners, and colleagues. We hold ourselves and each other personally accountable for keeping our promises and achieving results that contribute to organizational success.
- Service Excellence – We are tenacious in creating consistent customer experiences that are respectful, culturally sensitive, reliable, and instill trust and confidence.
- Relationships – We’ve built our reputation on the strength of our relationships between employees and departments and with members, care providers, community advocates, and government agencies.
We are committed to providing our employees with opportunities to enjoy a healthy work/life balance. To that end, we offer a number of wellness programs for our employees including yoga and self defense seminars, smoking cessation programs, flu clinics, walking groups, discounts at local gyms, and many other perks.
Please see our benefits page for a comprehensive list of benefits available to all employees.
A company on the move…to Assembly Row!
To make room for our growing workforce, NHP is moving to Assembly Row in Somerville. Starting in January 2017, we will occupy custom space on the new Partners HealthCare campus.
Our new location is:
The building’s many leading-edge features provide a sense of community and create efficient workspaces that make it easy to get the job done whether you’re working independently, with a team, onsite, or even from home.
The Assembly Square Orange Line stop is steps from our new front door, and NHP offers a generous MBTA subsidy. For those who prefer to drive or bike, there is ample affordable parking and bike storage. Other onsite amenities will include childcare and an employee cafeteria.
- Healthy (for people and the environment)
The new the gold-certified LEED building features healthy, green amenities like walking trails, a roof garden, and state-of-the-art air filtration, and floor plans that allow natural light to fill the work spaces.
- Part of a vibrant community
The shops, restaurants, and other businesses in the newly revitalized Assembly Row neighborhood include luxury outlets, restaurants, an AMC movie theatre, and even a farmers market.
- Learn more about the new Partners HealthCare campus and why it’s an exciting time to join Neighborhood Health Plan.
- NHP will remain at its current location at 253 Summer Street in Boston until
In the Community
Neighborhood Health Plan is deeply committed to the social needs of the communities we serve, especially underserved and vulnerable populations. Through our Community Benefits Program, we work in partnership with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, community health centers and members of the community to identify, develop and support these at-risk constituencies.