Who We Are
Neighborhood Health Plan is not your typical health insurance company. Since 1986, we have been a trusted source of affordable, comprehensive and equitable health care coverage for the many diverse communities we serve. Focused on building strong relationships with our 240,000 members and partners, Neighborhood Health Plan has a network that encompasses nearly 18,000 doctors and 68 teaching, community and specialty hospitals, including many of the major academic medical centers in the Boston area. NHP employs over 500 people and our offices are located in the heart of Boston’s Innovation District neighborhood—an ideal location for our innovative, spirited organization.
Neighborhood Health Plan is deeply committed to initiatives that help reduce and eliminate health care disparities in our communities. Because our member base is so diverse, we strive to have that diversity reflected in our employees, ultimately ensuring the best care and service is delivered.
At Neighborhood Health Plan, the health and wellness of our members is our promise and our number one priority.
Our employees are dynamic, experienced, and diverse. Each employee brings a rich background and perspective to NHP and is committed to what they do. Employees also have the full support of an experienced and dedicated leadership team who continually empower staff to deliver the best, most compassionate care to our members.
Our core values are infused into our organization at every level. From member services to trainers to financial analysts to nurses to provider relations, we are passionate about embracing and exemplifying the principles that make NHP unique.
Our Core Values are:
- Quality Care – We are passionate about promoting the health and wellness of our members and ensuring high quality care is delivered through our network of providers and our own care services.
- Diversity – We embrace employee diversity, promote health equity for our members and for the community, and embrace inclusiveness in all we do.
- Responsibility – We are responsible to our members, partners, and each other for our decisions, actions, and results. We are committed stewards of our assets and resources.
- Service Excellence – We are tenacious in creating consistent customer experiences that are respectful, culturally sensitive, reliable, and instill trust and confidence.
- Relationships – We’ve built our reputation on the strength of our relationships between employees and departments and with members, care providers, community advocates, and government agencies.
We are committed to providing our employees with opportunities to enjoy a healthy work/life balance. To that end, we offer a number of wellness programs for our employees including yoga and self defense seminars, smoking cessation programs, flu clinics, walking groups, discounts at local gyms, and many other perks.
Please see our benefits page for a comprehensive list of benefits available to all employees.
We’re located in the heart of Boston’s Innovation District
Neighborhood Health Plan is located in a neighborhood of opportunity—Boston’s Innovation District. Having our offices situated amongst other world-class organizations in an environment that fosters creativity, innovation and growth is an ideal match for us.
The Innovation District is diverse and inspiring, with a wealth of attractions right outside our door, including restaurants, food trucks, museums and cultural institutions, beautiful parks and pathways, the World Trade Center, the Spirit of Boston, the Harbor Walk, the Bank of America Pavilion and the Institute of Contemporary Art, among others. Many young organizations move here to grow, so there is a sense of excitement and activity unique to this part of Boston.
The Innovation District is also highly accessible, with subway, commuter rail, bus and even bike-sharing stations right near our offices.
In the Community
Neighborhood Health Plan is deeply committed to the social needs of the communities we serve, especially underserved and vulnerable populations. Through our Community Benefits Program, we work in partnership with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, community health centers and members of the community to identify, develop and support these at-risk constituencies.