Our commitment to quality care
NHP’s Quality Management Program continuously monitors, and evaluates initiatives ensuring that our members have access to responsive, culturally competent, and high quality health care services. The program is a collaborative initiative involving all departments, programs, and staff.
We work to continuously improve managed care systems that are member-focused, quality-driven, community-based, culturally-responsive, and financially-viable in contemporary and future care environments.
Six major aims for care
NHP believes that quality care should be:
- Safe – Care that is intended to help patients should not injure them.
- Effective – Services should be based on scientific knowledge and given to all who could benefit. Care should not be used when it will not be beneficial. Effective care should be precise: services should not be overused or underused.
- Patient-centered – Care should be respectful and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values.
- Timely – Access to care should not take longer than necessary. Patients should not have to wait unless it will provide information or time to heal. Prompt attention benefits both the patient and the caregiver.
- Efficient – Effective care should minimize waste — and cost — of supplies, equipment, space, capital, ideas, time, and opportunities.
- Equitable – Everyone should have access to high quality care, regardless of theirrace, ethnicity, gender, or income.
We evaluate our Quality Management Program annually
Each year, we create a Quality Improvement Plan to establish our quality-related priorities and focus our programs. The plan details objectives, methodology, and time frames for all parts of the organization.
At the end of the year, we evaluate how well we met the goals established in our Quality Improvement Plan, including:
- How effective our quality improvement programs are
- How well we progressed during the previous calendar year in meeting goals
- If there are opportunities for improvements
Request a copy of the current annual plan
To request copies of the current Quality Improvement Plan Evaluation, or Quality Management Program Description, please contact NHP Customer Service.