High quality care is our highest priority.
The NHP 2013 Quality Improvement Program targeted projects in:
- Asthma care
- Diabetes care
- Well child care
- Wellness and prevention
- Member satisfaction
- Telephone service
- Access to appointments
NHP has made progress in or sustained performance goals for the following:
- The percent of members identified with diabetes who received an HbA1c test in the past 12 months for both Medicaid and Commercial members.
- Diabetes retinal screenings for Medicaid members.
- Member satisfaction and utilization of the Nurse Advise Line.
Online support for members
To improve our members’ experience with NHP, NHP redesigned its website (nhp.org) and launched a new Member Portal (MY NHP) in 2013. The NHP website is now faster and easier for our customer to navigate through to get the information they need. In addition, MyNHP has the tools that members need to review and update their health plan information at their convenience through a secure long-in.
NHP continues to look at ways to improve postpartum care for our members. For example, we’ve developed special programs to encourage members to schedule a postpartum checkup 4-6 weeks after delivery:
- We took a look at our call data and reallocated resources so we could make appointment reminder calls to new moms at a time of day when they are most likely to be available.
- Our ongoing in Kind CIS Grant Project is dedicated to improving pregnancy care and well child checkups in the Latina Community in Lawrence. In 2014, NHP and a coalition of 10 community based organizations including WIC, YWCA, and food banks in Greater Lawrence will continue to work together to implement and evaluate interventions to bridge the gap of care.