The Affordable Care Act (ACA) and you
When will the Affordable Care Act affect you?
How will it work for you?
We can help.
As we approach January 1, 2014—the date of full implementation of the Affordable Care Act, we offer answers to NHP members' questions and a path to the plan that’s right for you.
What’s the latest Affordable Care Act news?
- Since 2006, Massachusetts has been a nationwide leader in health care reform.
- Because of the Commonwealth’s success in providing nearly universal coverage with high quality health insurance—and because sub-standard plans are not part of our marketplace—the implementation of the ACA will stay on track.
- For those shopping for health insurance, NHP will offer plans that are fully ACA-compliant.
What does this mean for health plan members in Massachusetts?
- NHP will be offering new ACA-compliant plans in 2014 to replace your current plan.
- These plans will include all the Essential Health Benefits, access to health and wellness perks, one-on-one care management programs, and more.
- No matter what your income or subsidy eligibility, you’ll be able to stay with NHP and keep your doctor.
- Current CommonwealthCare members will now have until 3/31/2014 to apply for coverage, but you may qualify for enhanced benefits and lower costs as early as of January 1, 2014, so we encourage you to apply by December 23, 2013.
- None of the recent changes affect MassHealth plans or MassHealth members in any way.
- At this time, we urge all NHP members to know that you can stay with NHP and keep your doctor.
Our first priority will never change: to ensure full coverage, high quality care, and affordable rates for Massachusetts residents and businesses in 2014.
Soon more information will become available here and at Massachusetts' health insurance marketplace, MAhealthconnector.org. In the meantime, if you have questions about the details or benefits of any NHP plan, please call NHP Customer Service at 800-462-5449 (TTY: 800-655-1761) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.