Manage Your Special Health Needs with the Help of Alere™ Health
NHP has engaged Alere™ Health to help individuals with chronic conditions reach their health goals and slow the progression of their illness.
Our Care Managers work closely with Alere™ Health to ensure the most appropriate and timely support is provided to our members, and that members get all the resources, tools and support they need to improve their condition so they can live healthier lives.
This program provides members access to:
- An Alere™ team of nurses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Regular follow up with a registered nurse to monitor changes in the member's health
- Easy to read booklets and newsletters to help answer questions about special needs
- Useful tools to help members better manage their health
Alere™ Nurses specialize in these areas:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Chronic Heart Failure
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
To learn more about the program, call an Alere™ Nurse at 1-800-227-3728 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The program is part your NHP health plan benefits coverage and is offered at no cost. You can enroll to participate in this program by calling the NHP Customer Service at 1-800-462-5449.
You are not obligated to participate and can enroll and dis-enroll at any time. If you decide not to take advantage of this program, it will not change your health care benefits in any way.