Welcome MassHealth Members
How will my MassHealth Coverage Change in 2014?
Most MassHealth members' coverage is staying the same in 2014. For a few members, the 2014 health care reform updates may change how you get your health care. You may qualify for enhanced benefits and lower costs.
How I know what’s happening with me and my plan?
Watch your mail!
If you receive a letter from MassHealth with a pink banner at the top, it means that your MassHealth coverage is changing. You may get more benefits. If you receive a letter, MassHealth will automatically re-enroll you with NHP or in a MassHealth plan that's right for you.
For all your MassHealth options, contact the MassHealth Enrollment Center at 1-888-665-9993 (TTY 1-888-665-9997).
Learn more about MassHealth plans
NHP works with MassHealth to provide plans that give you all the care and resources you need, including:
- Primary care services like preventive care and well visits
- Diagnosis and treatment if you get sick
- Urgent or emergency services for sudden illness or injury
- Hospital care and home health care (if arranged by your doctor)
- Behavioral health benefits including mental health and substance abuse treatment services
- Pharmacy benefits, including select over-the-counter medicines (with a prescription) for free
- All plans include routine eye exams and some include dental
NHP gives you more:
- Access to a large network of top hospitals, doctors and specialists across all of Massachusetts
- One-on-one care management services for pregnancy care and chronic conditions like diabetes
- A multi-lingual customer service team
- Free eyeglasses and discounts on frames, lenses, and contacts
- Free (or small co-pay) select over-the-counter cough, cold, and allergy medicine with a prescription
- Free smoking cessation programs and medications to help you quit smoking
Additional MassHealth Resources