Mail Order Program*
- Read the Mail Order Frequently Asked Questions
- Use the Drug Lookup tool to find out if your medication qualifies for the Mail Order Program.
- Get two prescriptions for your medication from your provider to begin: the first prescription (up to a one month supply) that you will fill at a participating pharmacy, and the second prescription (up to a 90 day supply) to be filled through the mail service pharmacy.
- Complete the member registration form (you only need to fill this out once)
- Mail the form
- Your medication will be delivered free of shipping costs within two weeks. Overnight or second-day delivery may be available for your area for an additional charge. You will also receive a form to remind you when to order your refill.
Mail Order Covered Drugs
- Check the Drug Lookup tool to see if your medication qualifies for the Mail Order Program.
- The medications listed in the Drug Lookup tool may be subject to a pharmacy step-therapy program or may require additional authorization. If you have any questions, call NHP Customer Service at 1-800-462-5449.
- Your copayments will be based on the drug tier your drug is in. Please review your summary of benefits for your 90ds copay or coinsurance responsibility.
- You can order refills by contacting Catamaran Home Delivery at any time, including weekends and holidays at 1-800-881-1966. You can also visit the Catamaran Home Delivery web site.
* NHP MassHealth members are not eligible for this benefit.
Mail Order FAQs
How do I know if my medication is available through mail order?
Only maintenance-type drugs are eligible. These include drugs used for acid reflux, allergies, arthritis, asthma, depression, diabetes, glaucoma, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, oral contraceptives, prenatal vitamins, seizures, and thyroid conditions. You can find out if your medication is available through mail-order by using the Drug Lookup tool.
The medications listed may be subject to a pharmacy step-therapy program or may require additional authorization. For more information, please call NHP Customer Service at 800.462.5449.
What do I need from my doctor for a short term or first time prescription?
For short-term and first time prescriptions (up to a one month supply), fill your prescription at a participating retail pharmacy. Your copay is lowest when your doctor prescribes a generic medication.
Who do I call if I have questions?
You can call NHP Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-462-5449 or (TTY 1-800-665-1761). You can also call the Catamaran Home Delivery Customer Care Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Their toll-free number is 1-800-881-1966.
You can also visit the Catamaran Home Delivery web site.
What do I do if I have a mail order prescription but need my medication right away?
Ask your doctor to write a prescription for you to fill at a participating retail pharmacy and order your refills by mail, phone or online.