Commitment to Quality
Quality in Your Neighborhood is Our Mission
NHP is committed to improving the quality and the safety of health care for all of those members in the NHP community. NHP's mission is to develop and operate cooperative managed care systems that are member focused, quality driven, community based, culturally responsive, and financially viable in contemporary and future care environments.
Promoting Quality in NHP's Network of Providers
Neighborhood Health Plan recognizes that quality care can only occur with quality providers. That is why our network includes some of the best doctors in the state and some of the leading hospitals in the world.
- Learn more about how we promote quality in our network of providers.
NHP's Health Equity Program partners with our provider network to ensure that health care is equitably delivered to all members of any race, ethnicity, or primary language. Every year, NHP analyzes data on health care quality stratified by these categories. With input from both health care providers and members of the community, NHP focuses on improving health care equity and reducing disparities. For each of the areas of focus, NHP has developed a targeted campaign and provides members with education and reminders about important services. Educational articles have also been written for the Boston Globe, the Metro, and El Mundo.
Quality Initiatives to Improve Health Care
NHP works with other state organizations to promote quality health care in Massachusetts. Some of those organizations are:
- The Massachusetts Association of Health Plans is committed to improving health for all in Massachusetts by promoting affordable, safe and coordinated health care.
- The Association of Community Affiliated Plans represents and serves the needs of the state's community health centers in order to promote accessible, quality, community-responsive health care.
- The Massachusetts Health Council is committed to improving and protecting the health of the people of Massachusetts by informing the public, promoting forums, supporting specific health issues, and acting as a clearinghouse.
Clinical and Community Service Programs
NHP conducts many quality improvement initiatives that focus on improving health care through Clinical and Community Service Programs.
- See a listing of our Clinical and Community Service programs.
How to Ensure You Get Quality Health Care
NHP believes it is important for members to be actively involved in their health care, which means asking questions, collecting information, understanding your condition and treatment, considering and evaluating options, and making choices. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) states that "Quality health care means doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, for the right person -- and having the best possible results."
- For more information about how to get quality health care, choose a quality doctor, choose a quality hospital, obtain health information, learn about safe medication practices and e-prescribing, and write an advance directive, visit our quality health care resources page.