Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse
Like physical health, behavioral health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Depression and Anxiety
- Quiz: Are You Depressed?
- Get the Facts About Depression
- Depression in Children and Teens
- Taking Antidepressants Safely
- What is Anxiety?
- Positive Thinking and Stopping Unwanted Thoughts
- Quiz: What is Your Stress Level?
- Quiz: How Well Do You Bounce Back?
- Health Tools to Help You Manage Your Stress
- Do You Know the Signs of Domestic Violence?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Domestic Violence
- Smart Neighbor: Community Resources for Domestic Violence
- Respond Inc.: New England's First Domestic Violence Agency
A Note about NHP's Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Coverage
NHP covers outpatient, inpatient and diversionary behavioral health and substance abuse treatment services. A therapist will determine the amount and type of services clinically necessary. In some instances, approval for additional treatment, or to begin some types of treatment, is required from Beacon Health Strategies (Beacon), NHP's Behavioral Health Partner. A referral from your Primary Care Provider is not necessary for these services.