Nurse Advice Line
Ask a Registered Nurse about any health concern that you have, large or small, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Announcement about NHP's Referral Requirement
Effective Monday, September 10, 2012
Referrals are not required for the following:
- Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy
- Care provided by a specialist while inpatient
- Family planning services
- Vision Care: fitting and dispensing lenses only (eye exams,
ophthalmology and optometry specialist visits require a referral)
- Care delivered in an OB/GYN Office Visit (routine, preventative and urgent care)
- Outpatient and diversionary Behavioral Health Services
- Special Kids Special Care (SKSC) Pediatric Program
- Urgent and Emergent Services
All other specialty services require a referral from the member's PCP.
*PLEASE NOTE: NHP members with a Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (HVMA) PCP will still require a referral to be seen outside of HVMA.
Coverage and Programs to Help Keep You
and Your Family Healthy
As an NHP member, you get great benefits and access to one of the largest high-quality provider networks in Massachusetts.
- A primary care provider who will be responsible for your health care.
- A primary care site close to where you live or work.
- Benefit Coverage for preventive, urgent, emergency and hospital care.
- Tools and information for the health and wellness of you and your family.
- Discounts on bike helmets, child safety products, and more.
- A fitness reimbursement program to help you get --and stay -- fit.
- A full range of Behavioral Health (mental health and substance abuse) services.
Looking for a doctor?
NHP's Provider Directory is updated on a daily basis. Find a Primary Care Provider who speaks your language, check your site hours, or find a specialist who serves your needs.