Domestic Violence Statistics Sources
- Tjaden, P. & Thoennes, N. (2000). Extent, Nature and Consequences of Violence Against Women: Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey. The National Institute of Justice and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Pg. 26. https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/183781.pdf
- Centers for Disease Control Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. (2008). Adverse Health Conditions and Health Risk Behaviors Associated with Intimate Partner Violence -- United States, 2005. 57(05); 113-117.http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5705a1.htm with erratum published here: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5709a7.htm
- Futures Without Violence (formerly Family Violence Prevention Fund). The Facts on Domestic, Dating and Sexual Violence http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/userfiles/file/Children_and_Families/Domestic Violence.pdf
- Block, C. R. (2003). How Can Practitioners Help an Abused Woman Lower Her Risk of Death? NIJ Journal 250, 4-7, NJC 196545
- Futures Without Violence (formerly Family Violence Prevention Fund). The Facts on Tweens and Teens and Dating Violence http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/userfiles/file/Teens/The Facts on Tweens and Teens and Dating Violence FINAL.pdf
- Centers for Disease Control Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. (2010). Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance -- United States, 2009. 59(SS-5); 1-142. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/ss/ss5905.pdf
- National Center on Elder Abuse. (2010). Why Should I Care About Elder Abuse? http://www.ncea.aoa.gov/Ncearoot/Main_Site/pdf/publication/NCEA_WhatIsAbuse- 2010.pdf
- Massachusetts Disabled Persons Protection Commission. (2011). Prevalence of Violence. http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=dppchomepage&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Idppc
- Show Me Love DC. (2011). Get The Facts. http://showmelovedc.org/lang/en-us/get-the-facts/
- Mitchell C., & Anglin D. (2009). Intimate Partner Violence: A Health-Based Perspective. New York: Oxford University Press
- Campbell, J. C. Health consequences of intimate partner violence. Lancet, 2002, 359: 1331-1336.
- Futures Without Violence (formerly Family Violence Prevention Fund). The Facts on Health Care and Domestic Violence.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network. Ages and Developmental Stages: Symptoms of Exposure.
- UNICEF Child Protection Section. (2006). Behind Closed Doors: The Impact of Domestic Violence on Children.
- Futures Without Violence (formerly Family Violence Prevention Fund). The Facts on Children and Domestic Violence.