NHP Quality Initiatives to Improve Health Care
Disease Management, Wellness and Social Care
- Asthma Program
- Care Partnership - Managing Medical Problems
- Diabetes Program
- Fitness and Wellness Information
- Partnership for Rare and Chronic Disease Management
- Pediatric Care Management
- Pregnancy and Planning Information
- Smart Neighbor - a database of information about community programs, social services, and other public benefits and resources relevant to our members, providers, employer groups, and colleagues.
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Social Care Management - Connecting to Community Resources
- Vaccinations (Immunizations)
Domestic Violence Program
Many of the statistics on victims of domestic violence are underreported and a scan of current research highlights the infiltration of domestic violence within our society regardless of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, and socio-economic status. Domestic violence is a key issue for our community health centers (CHCs), and other community based providers. It is a barrier for those seeking health care and improved quality of life. NHP is dedicated to addressing the issue of domestic violence, its impact on health care access, health outcomes, and quality of life for victims of domestic violence.
NHP has been a leader in the effort to eliminate domestic abuse and violence for many years. In 2006 NHP formally established its current Domestic Violence (DV) Initiative. The goal of the DV Initiative is to advance the prevention and treatment of domestic violence through increased awareness and education of providers, members and employees. Specifically, NHP has committed to develop, expand or enhance programming related to Domestic Violence prevention and treatment at community health centers (CHCs). The program consists of both internal and external initiatives.