Once-A-Year Fitness Program Reimbursement Benefit
Neighborhood Health Plan offers you an incentive to get fit — and stay fit!
NHP will reimburse members in qualifying NHP plans up to $150 per year toward their fitness program memberships at qualifying health clubs. And under some NHP plans, another $150 in fitness program reimbursement is available for covered family members, for a total of up to $300 in savings per year!
Qualifying Health Clubs
A qualifying health club is a facility offering cardiovascular and strength training equipment. "Traditional" health clubs such as YMCAs, JCCs, Bally's and Fitcorp, as well as Work Out World, Planet Fitness and Anytime Fitness, are examples of qualifying health clubs.*
Qualifying for Reimbursement
To qualify for reimbursement, you must be enrolled in NHP and a qualifying health club for at least four full months in a calendar year and submit your reimbursement requests by March 31 of the following calendar year. Information required by NHP in order to reimburse members once a year includes:
- A signed and dated Fitness Program Reimbursement Form (available at the links below).
- Dated, original receipts from the qualifying club, or copies of your credit card or bank statement if paying by electronic fund transfer. Receipts and/or bank statements must include your name and the individual charges for each health club membership.
- A copy of the health club agreement or contract, showing the name and address of the health club, your name, and the beginning dates of the contract.
- NHP will accept a letter on fitness facility stationery or a statement from the facility which includes your name, dates enrolled and monthly payment history instead of #2 and #3 above.
Remember to keep copies of your original receipts before sending them to NHP with the reimbursement form. We cannot return receipts or copies of contracts to you, even if your program is denied reimbursement.
Your Fitness Reimbursement Benefit Form
Find a copy of the right Fitness Reimbursement form for your plan right here:
- Fitness Program Reimbursement Form — Commercial
- Fitness Program Reimbursement Form — Commonwealth Care
- Fitness Program Reimbursement Form — MassHealth
If you are new to fitness training, be sure to check with your physician before getting started.
Please note: the Fitness Program Reimbursement Benefit is not available to all NHP Plans. Please check the benefit summary for your plan to find out if you are eligible.
*Programs and facilities that are not eligible for reimbursement include country clubs and social clubs, martial arts studios, spas, gymnastic centers, tennis facilities, aerobic only clubs and/or studios (such as Pilates, Yoga, Zumba and Jazzercise), pool only clubs, sports teams or leagues, and personal training or coaching programs.